XR2 - Oh how I missed you!

Black Ops 3 General Discussion

Yeah that's what I meant! No idea why I made it sound more complicated that it is. I have a talent for that!
barker2016
Highlighted

Hopefully you are still alive. Got black ops 3 a year ago. (I know, im late.) Just Outta curiosity, what class do/did you use (for the xr-2)?

Btw, i've seen you in a lot of posts here. Really do trust you.

BruvBusters

Another really great thing about the XR2 is that I've often gotten multiple kills with one burst where enemies have been grouped together 

barker2016

I just started using the xr2 and am trying to figure it out. After a couple games I am getting better. Only thing I don't like is close up I seem to loose a lot more then with other guns. I suppose some of it is my aim, but I have enjoyed so far. Oh and it seems hard to get head shots with. Any tips for head shots. I play hc.

poppirt

@poppirt wrote:

I just started using the xr2 and am trying to figure it out. After a couple games I am getting better. Only thing I don't like is close up I seem to loose a lot more then with other guns. I suppose some of it is my aim, but I have enjoyed so far. Oh and it seems hard to get head shots with. Any tips for head shots. I play hc.

This may or maynot be something you want to do but this is how I got good with it. My aim was really off so I tried this tutorial out by TheXclusiveAce. After doing this for awhile my twitch aim got really good. The XR2 is the gun I use like he suggest in the videos for practice so I did get very use to it. I imagine this is why I do well with hip fire, shot so many bots up close it's like 2nd nature to me. In game it really amazes me on some of the kills I get with it. Was even accused of using an aimbot one time. Whenever I feel my aim is off with other guns I will either switch to a burst gun like this in regular lobby and/or go shoot 100 bots with it. This also helps me figure out if the aim is more of a lag issue or if I am just way off which does happen. If I use fully auto guns too often, my aim tends to get a little sloppy for some reason. 

Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDukOD9FKd4

tbox75
Thanks, I will be trying that this weekend.
poppirt

@poppirt wrote:
Thanks, I will be trying that this weekend.

If you play Core as well, he has another that helps with staying on target. Check his channel out, both him and Driftor have some pretty good stuff.

tbox75

Nice game play. after i watched this last night, i copied your setup and played a few matches of HC. it was much more enjoyable, but the learning curve is high. the people in HC seem to be much more accurate with their aim. by my fourth game i was able to go 13 and 18, which is my best ever mark in HC TDM. XR is a great gun for this mode if you are a quick aim. i think its good practice for me honestly. thanks for sharing

PS: I didn't feel the need to report anyone, all my deaths were the result of being too slow.

r3wturb0x

Keep at it, the improvement will come with time.

I find that often while accuracy is important, a lot of having consistent success in HC TDM is situational awareness and anticipation. Entering a situation knowing where enemies might be helps me win a lot more gunfights than I lose. Think about how you are approaching corners or high traffic areas, and get your aim where you expect enemies to be. This helps you acquire your target quicker, as you have less adjustment to your aim you have to make.

Glad you are enjoying it, just keep working at it, learn from your mistakes, and you'll see continued improvement.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I think it was mentioned here already, but if you play HC try Xclusive Ace's twitch aim drill.

https://youtu.be/ZDukOD9FKd4

Basically you go into custom games, set up a FFA game with low health and a bunch of bots, disable custom classes (to force the bots to use the same class as you) and then set up a quickdraw/Fast Hands XR2 class. He suggests using 40% health, but I actually recommend using 60%. The reason for this is the XR2 is a one hit kill forever in HC (30 health, 40-30 damage) but ideally you want to practice snapping on target and hitting at least your first 2 shots of the burst for the kill. This will help combine working on your reactions with ensuring your twitch aim doesn't get sloppy. He recommends using extended mags and I suggest using this to take the drill one step further -- the XR2 can fire 14 bursts with extended mags, so you should practice this drill until you can comfortably get at least 11 kills from a mag before reloading.

Try this on Nuketown with 7 or more bots and you'll soon find snapping on target accurate is covered easily by muscle memory.

RL317 Level 75

Studios