Napalm and Shrieker zombies are invisible in all maps

SOLVED

Black Ops 3 Support

Highlighted

Hi,

This is my gear:

Motherboard = Z97-C

Processor = Intel i5 4690K (stock, not overclocked)

Graphics = GTX 980

RAM = 16GB

SSD = 120GB

OS = Windows 10 - 64bit (up to date)

The problem I am facing is that in any BO3 zombies map I play, built-in maps and custom maps, locally and online, I can never see the Napalm nor the Shrieker zombies. I can see some of the animations like the fire on the ground or in my vision when getting near a Napalm and the white sonic wave when the Shrieker appears or dies. But I don't see the Zombie skin/model. On the other hand, the two friends with who I play online do see those Napalm and Shrieker zombies so it's just me. So far, have tried everything I could think of: Reformat my PC and reinstall Windows 10, reinstall Steam and all my applications and drivers, reinstall BO3, change BO3 in game graphics settings, change BO3 video settings txt file (in the BO3 install folder), install BO3 on a separate hard drive, try the game with my integrated graphics, try with a VGA instead of HDMI, update my BIOS firmware, reset BIOS settings, run memtest and chkdsk successfully.

Outside of that, the games runs just fine with the exception of rare connection interruption/disconnection. The fact that I cannot see the Napalm and Shrieker zombies makes some of the maps totally unplayable. Do you know how I could fix this issue? Thank you so much!

Stéphane

H3HIN
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After 2 days of messing with this, I finally found the fix. I'm not 100% sure which of the 2 solutions fixed it but this is what I did.

1. Uninstall Black Ops 3 from my PC completely (I noticed that after uninstalling, a lot of files are left behind so I had to manually delete those from the Steam games folder.

2. Re-install the game but this time on the same drive where my OS and Steam are installed (I have two drives, one SSD with OS and apps, one HDD with games only - so I removed the game from my HDD and installed it on my SSD).

Just as a tip for those who don't have unlimited internet download, in Steam, before installing the game, you can configure the game to install only the components you want. I unselected Campaign and Multiplayer and left only Zombies to install. The download was 27GB instead of 90GB. I'm so happy I finally found this. It had been driving me mad!!! I kept dying from Napalm, Shriekers and teleporter zombies.

Cheers!

H3HIN
1 REPLY 1

After 2 days of messing with this, I finally found the fix. I'm not 100% sure which of the 2 solutions fixed it but this is what I did.

1. Uninstall Black Ops 3 from my PC completely (I noticed that after uninstalling, a lot of files are left behind so I had to manually delete those from the Steam games folder.

2. Re-install the game but this time on the same drive where my OS and Steam are installed (I have two drives, one SSD with OS and apps, one HDD with games only - so I removed the game from my HDD and installed it on my SSD).

Just as a tip for those who don't have unlimited internet download, in Steam, before installing the game, you can configure the game to install only the components you want. I unselected Campaign and Multiplayer and left only Zombies to install. The download was 27GB instead of 90GB. I'm so happy I finally found this. It had been driving me mad!!! I kept dying from Napalm, Shriekers and teleporter zombies.

Cheers!

H3HIN

Studios