Being able to kill yourself

Black Ops forum

I think an animation for suicide would be hilarious, I'd love it. It's a MATURE game, developers can put whatever they want in it (in America) as long as the ESRB matches the content within. The most GRAPHIC visual things (other than real-life video) comes from movies, bar none. You mean to tell me it's okay to put a graphic suicide in a movie for adults but not a video game for adults? Get real.

I don't know about being able to suicide at any point, but I definitely want it for Last Stand, that IS essentially what's happening when you hold the button, just no animation. Fk "distasteful", war is distasteful. However, listen closely, this is how I think Last Stand suicides should work:

Once a player falls into Last Stand, when he dies, *no matter how*, the person who put him in Last Stand should get kill credit, and thus adds to the streak he had during that lifetime. So:

Last Stander holds button to suicide, throws any nade at himself, shoots a teammate (hardcore), or even if he gets shot by a different enemy, the ORIGINAL SHOOTER gets the kill. Any teammate finishing him off will just get an assist, since Last Stand is running on borrowed time anyway. No exploits. No cheating shooters out of a kill. The only way in which a shooter wouldn't get credit is if that shooter leaves the match, or the match ends before the Last Stander expires. Simple.

Treyarch has shown they have more balls by putting gore in the game to begin with (which I love). Sign me up for suicide animations and Last Stander kill credit ALWAYS going to the original shooter who put him down.
deathrattle
So basically its just like throwing a stun grenade at yourself in last stand so the enemy doesn't get a kill? No. That is complete f*ggotry.
ScotlandTheBest
I would love this feature to use on occasions, ever played a game, been doing pretty well then half way though get trapped in the corner by some douchebag who then leaves his console so you cant do anything? If you've already used up your frag, you just have to stand there and do nothing for the rest of the game. With the "Respawn" option it would be a pretty simple way to escape
Jcowley
Wow, this is a funny and unique idea. I can just see it now, you are the last man standing in Search and Destroy, everyone on the enemy team is alive, you pull out a .44 Magnum, slowly aim it at your head and fire...
yoda429

Yoda429 wrote:

Wow, this is a funny and unique idea. I can just see it now, you are the last man standing in Search and Destroy, everyone on the enemy team is alive, you pull out a .44 Magnum, slowly aim it at your head and fire...

That'd be funny dude!
groby2345
just hold a frag grenade for too long and you will kill yourself, easy
arthas125
@OP

Now just remember the fact how many immature children who play call of duty games will pick upon this idea while playing the game. There are kids who can distinguish the limitations of the game in a reality standpoint. However there is what someone else said, just cooking a grenade.
AnOnYmOUs324

ii darkshadow oO wrote:

No. The amount of violence in a game is enough, we're already on the border line. Suicides is just over kill for video games. You might as well include prostitutes and heroin because it was in Vietnam as well, it's that ridiculous.

As far as having an option to "Respawn" like many other games and simply drop to the floor making a groaning noise seems much more reasonable. I'd approve of that idea.

Although I would expect more players would rather try to get a kill in their life span or just use a grenade.

too violent? i dont think waw wasnt that violent and neither was mw2
robertt756
Sorta like in bad company 2 suicide button?
melonpiranha

Anonymous24 wrote:

@OP

Now just remember the fact how many immature children who play call of duty games will pick upon this idea while playing the game. There are kids who can distinguish the limitations of the game in a reality standpoint. However there is what someone else said, just cooking a grenade.

A child committing suicide is a thousand times better than a child killing multiple people instead. Sad but true. The developer can't be held responsible (legally OR morally) for things young people are exposed to from their product if that person is younger than the required age to purchase said item.

This is entertainment geared towards people ages 17+. Rated R movies are a million times more graphic historically and can be seen legally under the age of 17.
deathrattle

Studios