ABR 223... They just can't get it right

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

When I hit someone twice in the armor WITH A .50 CALIBER ROUND they should not be able to jump around and kill me with 2 bursts of the abr. Treyarch you have zero knowledge about weapons and ballistics. I know it's a game. But you developers can get a little more realistic don't you think? The .50 BMG is an ANT-MATERIAL ROUND used for enemy equipment and what not. So when it hits a person, or even comes within a foot of a person, that person is not going to spin around and land all his shots on you. Either take the rifle out of the game or add an effect that prevents the player from not being fazed in the slightest. Nerf the abr!!! You made it way too op. The balance between the armor and the weapons is way off. Do some research before you go and make all these changes and ruin this mode even more. I'm losing hope and there are plenty of other people in the same boat as me. We are the ones keeping your company alive. You make a fortune off of us and all we get is frustration that we spent the money we actually work for on a game that just pisses us off. There is so much potential here. The multiplayer is okay, but it has its problems too. Stop rolling in the dough and start thinking outside the box. Get it together.

F_Drum
8 REPLIES 8
i assume blackout, because i believe in multiplayer the paladin will kill anyone in the chest or higher, even if not, in multiplayer armor cant be fixed, also, even in blackout, two shots with the paladin would put them in critical state of low health. and if they killed you, they deserve the kill for taking the risk of attacking you with that low of health. Also its call of duty, realism isnt a thing here
Brandonlatzig

Mp

paladin with HC. Negates armor

hackerprolvl2

Yeah... Critically low health? Should be 200 damage from the waste up. 

F_Drum

And realism in cod has never been a thing. I get that. But this isn't the typical call of duty multiplayer. It's a battle royale mode. In order to have a successful mode like this the mechanics cannot be the same as normal multiplayer. When I use the abr it feels like it's totally unfair for the other guy. When I'm using a paladin and hit the guy 2 times he should be dead. End of story. I'm not denoting your opinion I just think in a battle royale game mode true ballistics should be more at play. 

F_Drum

@Brandonlatzig wrote:
i assume blackout, because i believe in multiplayer the paladin will kill anyone in the chest or higher,

Paladin with Stablizer and High Caliber 1-2 and it's a OSK balls and up.  I have OSK'd in the leg but the other player had some damage already.      

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Im_Old_School Level 75

Abr needs a buff since bo4 release

and even after 1 buff abr is still low tier

it takes two full burst, close range to get a kill

and 3 medium to long range

hackerprolvl2

At close range it takes at least that many shots to the bosy from a rampart or whatever to get a kill. 7.62 is SIGNIFICANTLY different than 5.56 (or .223 they're pretty close). I get that they have to make it to where it doesn't take 15 bursts to kill someone but 2 bursts??? Not right. 

F_Drum
Highlighted
I agree, ABR in the hands of a good player is way to OP in blackout, it will melt anyone with lvl 2 armor + 200hp in just 2 bursts (if all shots connect). Average and below players, the gun isn't great because they tend to miss more shots, which makes most burst weapons pretty bad.
Abuuru

Studios