Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Why would you people put the fresh start button next to the prestige mode....freakin why???!!!

sizzleloc
6 REPLIES 6

So that people need to read.

andrev

Alright this is at least the 2nd post today of someone saying they accidentally hit the Fresh Restart button which has caused me to actually see how possible this really was as I'm skeptical some the cases aren't people trying to some scam their way into getting rewarded with things they didn't earn (or potentially trying to get back rewards that may have obtained in a sketchy way to begin with and got reset)

So as I'm looking at these options here.
46521615_2114266918825640_4255928551540260864_n.jpg

THE GREEN CIRCLE IS THE OPTION TO PRESTIGE IT THEN ASKS YOU AT LEAST 1 MORE TIME ARE YOU SURE? BEFORE ALLOWING YOU TO DO IT AS WELL AS STARTING YOU ON THE CANCEL OPTION JUST INCASE YOU MESSED UP

THE RED CIRCLE IS THE FRESH RESTART BUTTON, LOCATED ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE NEAR THE PRESTIGE BUTTON AS IF THEY DIDNT WANT PEOPLE TO ACCIDENTALLY RESET THEIR ENTIRE ACCOUNT, IT TOO ASKS AT LEAST 1 TIME ARE YOU SURE THIS CAN NOT BE REDONE AND STARTS YOU ON THE CANCEL OPTION.

----
So in other words, unless for some extremely odd reason if you are on PC or Xbone and they have the menu design completely different for those platforms (I'm doubting it) and from what I can tell,it's not possible to prestige/or reset your account through the App.

You intentionally moved your cursor over to the box that said FRESH RESTART likely read the pretty clearly stated details about the option you chose and then moved the cursor from Cancel to Use Fresh Start 

So I'm highly doubting you did this by mistake and aren't completely BSing it for scummy reason. Both these options have been in COD for a very long time and usually not close to eachother to prevent such a thing from happening.

Your only potential excuse is, you have never played a call of duty before/or any FPS in general with multiple levels.You didn't know what the word prestige meant (but somehow understood this was an option you could choose rather then the game just automatically moving you to the next prestige and you had no choice) So you thought prestige meant something else, while fresh start was actually the option to carry on leveling up with a different icon/challenges and just resetting your level.

When you write that out in text and say it in your head it actually sounds incredibly stupid that such a possibility could even be thing which leads me to believe that's not what happened at all.

EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

Finally someone puts it up in detail.

Raizurhk

I did this today mainly because I was a complete idiot and wasnt paying attention to the boxes as I was selecting yes. Was trying to prestige to lvl 1 prestige 6 but nope, my cursor was on reset instead. it does hapoen albeit you have to be completely noy paying attention

Swaggggaaaaahh
Not paying attention? What did you read before you pressed X to continue? You must have read "fresh start". Or if not you must have read something to scroll to it and press accept? You then get a warning before pressing X again. You then get a final warning before pressing X to do the fresh start...

I was always dubios about what it takes to fresh start and could give benefit of doubt as I didn't know what it entailed. I thought with the amount doing it by "accident" that he never gave warnings like it does when you press prestige.... However after resetting my own stats by fresh starting, I know there's no way it can be "accidentally" done...

There's also no way it can be accidentally done if people have already prestiged, especially 5 other times....
BettySwollax

Don't be a button smasher.

Read before clicking.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios