Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Dont you just love the variance amongst the bandwidth values in game? 

I can tell you what I pay for, which is 150mbps down, with a "precise" (sarcastic use of that word by the way) 12-15mbps up.

In game, the value that I most often see in BO4, for me, happens to be 4122. I will admit that that is always the first thing I check when I sign on to play on my PS4. Just a few days ago, I nearly had a coronary when the value read 1208kbps. Luckily, my common sense beat me frustration to the finish line, and this allowed me to process that something had to.have happened somewhere. Sure enough, I had managed to crimp my CAT6 (I should probably upgrade to CAT6E sooner than later). After adjusting my cable from my ps4 to my router, things returned to normal. Out of curiosity, are you playing via Wi-Fi, or are you "hardwired" from your console to router?

All of that being said, I have found that once I receive the "lobby is unjoinable" message, I have to turn off the ps4 and unplug it, as well as the router and modem  The really weird thing is that I also have to alternate my LAN port that I connect to every time I am forced to do this, which is averaging out to about once a day now.

On a personal note: I just want to say "Thanks" for being one of the few who checks said values before playing the game. From my experience, anything below 4099kbps results in a less than enjoyable experience.

mygamertagsucks Level 75
in reply to mygamertagsucks
Yea the first thing I check when I get in game is the bandwidth even though I haven't seen much difference in connection when I get below or above 4000kbps. I use a hard wired connection. Router connected to PS4 through a ethernet cable. I recently upgraded my router as well but I think the only change it was made was on the wifi from 2.4ghz to 5ghz. I haven't tried playing with WiFi since I got this new router but I don't think it'll improve anything so... I played about one week with WiFi ok bo4 still with the old router @ 2.4ghz WiFi and the numbers were pretty much the same. I also have the ps4 like 30 cm from.the router so really close.
Rubip11

The last time I checked my bandwidth on Call of Duty was 4532kbps or 4352kbps. Either way it made no difference and I always play Wireless due to the sh*tty ethernet port on PS4.

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut

I have 1000 down and 40 up and my bandwidth is 4200. Never really seen it any higher than that. 

Bobby Stealz

Wired 

open Nat

normally bw is 4200 roughly 

today gameplay was *****ty so that’s why I checked and saw it was 2201 . This is why I’m googling to seek what the reason is ?

nixster12

Studios