Does leaving early in MP stop you ranking up?

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Does leaving early in MP stop you ranking up?

I'm sure there'll be people who have unsavoury opinions of me on here if I say i've got a rage problem and I quit when things aren't going my way, but no one hates it as much as me. Basically before i've even thought 'i'm not enjoying this game, i'm going to back out', my fingers have already done the talking and i'm at the lobby screen before I have even decided I want out. In this though i've noticed my rank doesn't increase if I leave the game. For me this is a hugely welcome change because it stops me just backing out without thinking about it. Plus there seems to be a delay on leaving a game, you have to hold a button to leave whereas in previous games you just press options, down, X and you've left the game in a split second. It is definitely stopping my muscle memory kicking me out instantly.

I just wanted to know if what i'm thinking is correct and you lose your rank for backing out. I hope so anyway, finally get rid of my rage quit issue, once and for all. 

Jon_P
9 REPLIES

Betreff: Does leaving early in MP stop you ranking...

in reply to Jon_P

Looks like you lose your points and progress when you back out or losing connection. It has been like this in both betas. At least on my end.

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

@Horrorman wrote:

Looks like you lose your points and progress when you back out or losing connection. It has been like this in both betas. At least on my end.

the real quesiton is, doesn't that mean if someone is having a really bad game and has negative kd they can just leave without the stating being recorded>? to booster there KD

Toothsome1

in reply to Toothsome1

@Toothsome1  schrieb:

@Horrorman wrote:

the real quesiton is, doesn't that mean if someone is having a really bad game and has negative kd they can just leave without the stating being recorded>? to booster there KD

Yea LOL didnt thought about that, but looks you are right there. The final game will tell us. in 4 hours. Smiley Happy

Horrorman Level 75

in reply to Horrorman

4 hours? Is that when digital downloaders can play? I didn't think I could play it until the same time but it's been on all afternoon

Jon_P

in reply to Jon_P

@Jon_P  schrieb:

4 hours? Is that when digital downloaders can play? I didn't think I could play it until the same time but it's been on all afternoon

Yea in Germany (my time) its in 3h 43 mins now. UK is 1 hour behind German time. To lazy to look right now. Smiley Happy Thats midnight.

Horrorman Level 75

Re: Does leaving early in MP stop you ranking up?

in reply to Jon_P

I mean people constantly leave when I do well and they don’t so I don’t see why I should stay if especially if the connection is bad. I’ve stuck out bad games in IW so many times when I’m getting beat by players that are statistically worse. Every single time they will leave after the game is over or mid game next game because they know or figured out they wouldn’t do well again. I don’t see any reason to try and take the high road and be a good sport because no one else does anyway.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 73

in reply to Brian25savannah

I believe any kills and deaths get added and the bonus XP for a finish win/lose and medals/trophy you earn that has XP attached to it is not gained.

So basically I think you earn kill XP but not i.e. headshot, multiple kills, medal XP. 

JagiMonster

in reply to JagiMonster

If you leave or dashboard it counts stats and camo progress on Xbox but you don’t get your XP, on Infinite Warfare at least. I had several times during my camo challenges where I had to reset the game because it froze and all my camo progress was fine, which is good because I got a certain pistol I hated gold and the game crashed.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 73

in reply to Jon_P

Spoke too soon with this. I back out just as much now as previously I wish there was a punishment or temporary ban myself to stop me having the urge to play it at all. I think the 'newness' of it all went to my head. Now it's just as stupidly annoying as all the other CoD's. hahah

Jon_P

Studios