Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

So recently, I was “temporarily” banned from using all emblem and paintshop features for oh around 5000 days. I can understand being banned for having a blatantly racist or dimeaning emblem, yet my emblem was neither. My emblem was a red background with Trump 2020 in bold white letters. This ban bothers me because the community guidelines have no rule against this, I have seen plenty of emblems just like this one and i have seen blatantly racist emblems yet they have not been banned. I would like to have my emblem editing features back because I have not broken any rules and I expect to be able to express myself through my emblem just as everyone else free from bias and persecution from people who disagree. 

FuturisticSmile1
6 REPLIES 6
in reply to FuturisticSmile1
You simply got reported enough times for it, it's really what it comes down to.

The realistic answer is, it's an automated system not one that 3arc employees look at especially when it comes to emblems.
Enough reports and you're banned.
---
There's a reason why the reporting system in general is more for show then it is actual practice, when it was first instituted, you'd get reported for simply being better then someone even back when I was 16-17 Years old in the COD4 but definitely MW2 days. If you smashed someone you could almost guarantee you were being reported. Now I don't think they really "looked" at every case unless it was a ton of them popping up for the same player, but they quickly learned people would report other players for any reason at all just because they annoyed them in one way or another to the point the system just got ignored.
---
I don't think anyone actually gets banned for playing via that system these days or even the "bad language" or whatever it happens to be called these days.

But a graphic one, that's more than likely set up to be multiple reports and it's a temp ban. I Personally don't report emblems because I don't pay attention to them whether in a lobby or in game. Even though I don't care for Trump (or any president for that matter) I wouldn't see that and go OMG REPORT. You just got caught up in another stupid mechanic
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

Thanks for explaining it a little better for me, honestly I just wish they actually looked into these things instead of automatically banning some cases. 

FuturisticSmile1
I'm not 100% sure that's the case, but I'd imagine they don't have anyone sitting there checking them so they just go X amount of reports for emblem and we will ban it.

They just can't prove the language things, and they'd be daft to actually have an auto ban for "cheating" reports because they know by now 90% of them are just people annoyed someone beat them in a match but they probably just ignore those at this point.
TheGLORY

@TheGLORY wrote:
You simply got reported enough times for it, it's really what it comes down to.

The realistic answer is, it's an automated system not one that 3arc employees look at especially when it comes to emblems.
Enough reports and you're banned.
---
There's a reason why the reporting system in general is more for show then it is actual practice, when it was first instituted, you'd get reported for simply being better then someone even back when I was 16-17 Years old in the COD4 but definitely MW2 days. If you smashed someone you could almost guarantee you were being reported. Now I don't think they really "looked" at every case unless it was a ton of them popping up for the same player, but they quickly learned people would report other players for any reason at all just because they annoyed them in one way or another to the point the system just got ignored.
---
I don't think anyone actually gets banned for playing via that system these days or even the "bad language" or whatever it happens to be called these days.

But a graphic one, that's more than likely set up to be multiple reports and it's a temp ban. I Personally don't report emblems because I don't pay attention to them whether in a lobby or in game. Even though I don't care for Trump (or any president for that matter) I wouldn't see that and go OMG REPORT. You just got caught up in another stupid mechanic

I'm almost sure at least ww2 didn't have a auto vmban system. Only looking at what the top (can't remember the number) emblems.

At op. You might have been banned for an older emblem. 

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
WW2 may not have I'm not by any means saying my theory is right. I'm not even sure how much "information" is shared between devs and what programs are similar.

I do know that since the system was put into the games, it's been abused left and right by petty players. Most people are in party chats or have everyone muted so you aren't getting verbal abuse to report for (although I think microsoft used to auto ban after enough reports for THAT reasoning) Emblems in the early days were views.
--
In general the report system like many things in the game is flawed. But sometimes, just sometimes a thing you create or use as a tag...will get you reported and chances are you did it to ruffle feathers and it caught up to you.
--
I tend to not care what anyones emblem/clan tag is these days, can't be asked to look at them whether it's from a kill cam/lobby etc I just don't care.
TheGLORY

@FuturisticSmile1 wrote:

So recently, I was “temporarily” banned from using all emblem and paintshop features for oh around 5000 days. I can understand being banned for having a blatantly racist or dimeaning emblem, yet my emblem was neither. My emblem was a red background with Trump 2020 in bold white letters. This ban bothers me because the community guidelines have no rule against this, I have seen plenty of emblems just like this one and i have seen blatantly racist emblems yet they have not been banned. I would like to have my emblem editing features back because I have not broken any rules and I expect to be able to express myself through my emblem just as everyone else free from bias and persecution from people who disagree. 

seriously... did you not think that people would mass report you for that?  People would do it just out of spite.  This must be your first time online if you haven't figured this one out yet.

SykoInconnux

Studios