Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Is there no such thing as matchmaking in Black Ops 4. I love this game. I’m Prestige 4, 0.93 KD. I’m 72 yrs old, this is not my first game, I’ve been playing COD games for a long time. This game in particular is getting to be almost unplayable for me. I’m continually up against (what seems to me) to be the best players.  I just finished a match where the winning team was all way, way above my level. I know this game is probably not meant for my age group but I really enjoy it and have spent a lot of money on it. I just hope something could be done so a Presitage 4 player was not up against a Master Prestige player. I just want to be able to feel a bit competitive in my matches.

Raggedyman71
19 REPLIES 19
in reply to Raggedyman71

Level is time played, not skill.

Search sbmm, particularly in AW.  Nobody liked it.  Connection should come first, always.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

@Q39ESM wrote:

Search sbmm, particularly in AW.  Nobody liked it.  Connection should come first, always.

Thank you the reply. In this case it was definitely skill, not time played. Finishing a game with 40 kills,  8 deaths is not time played and I seem to be up against this type of player a lot of the time.

Raggedyman71
in reply to Raggedyman71

The score.ofmone game says nothing about skill either.

It may have been that said player had been on the good side of lag. (Hard to kill and for him easy to kill)

So far matchmaking is mostly fill lobby as quick as possible.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
in reply to Raggedyman71

@Raggedyman71 wrote:

@Q39ESM wrote:

Thank you the reply. In this case it was definitely skill, not time played. Finishing a game with 40 kills,  8 deaths is not time played and I seem to be up against this type of player a lot of the time.

40 and 8 is really good.  Prestige levels are in essence just an indication of time played.  I've got friends who are P1's with 10 days played and they will blow your doors off.  They just haven't prestiged.  I've got friends who are MP's and they can only muster around what you said your K/d is.  You really can't equate "skill" (where skill is aiming and shooting) with prestige levels.   I'm a P7 with almost 9+ days played (1.48K/D) and I routinely get throttled by P3's an P4's.  I take my fair share of beatings from P9's and MP's but I also have some of my best games against them.  My best game is 38-2 and that's since I started on MW3.  My best BO4 game so far is 34-1 (kinda rats out my playstyle LOL!).  So wouldn't that sorta prove that time played doesn't equal skill.  If it did I should, by your logic, be knocking down 40-50 a match or so since your a P4 and capable of 40 kills in a match.  

Where time played or Prestige levels do possibly equal to something greater is the experience of playing the game that the "higher" prestige player has over the lower prestige player (which only applies if the player actually prestiges when he gets thru level 55 otherwise prestige level doesn't mean anything in the time played continuum).  The more you play (and prestige) the more experience you continue to gain in map knowledge, enemy team movement predictions, camping spots, hot lanes of travel for mesh mine or barricade placements, etc.  When I see a low prestige player (P0-P3) go 30-5 in a match (well over that of the lobbies said, "High Prestige" players) that tells me one of a couple things.  He's got a bunch of days played and he just quit prestiging at P2 or he's got a whole bunch of days playing experience on another account and he's playing on a new account. 

At P4 you should be able to hold your own aiming and shooting wise as a P8 player.  Where I think you may be seeing they are more "skilled"  is in the way they play the maps and reflex times.  I'm 57 and I have reflex issues that other players NEVER seem to have.  At 72 y/o I would think you may have some yourself.

But then again you went 40 and 8 so...     

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
in reply to Im_Old_School

To start with I never went 40 & 8, that was the other guy that was killing me. 40 & 8, only in my dreams could I play that good. I totally agree that part of my problem, maybe all of it is a reflex issue. At 72 I’m sure I’m lacking in that department. Thanks very much for your reply.

Raggedyman71
in reply to Raggedyman71

Oh ok, I missread it then.  So YOUR score was 8-40.  Still able to play to THAT level at your age is still commendable.  I've seen 20 somethings that can't seem to run around the map and get 2-3 kill much less 8 so by that standard you're still doin' OK.  I know, at 57, a lot of the moments just prior to my death are reflex related.  Sometimes it's because I've got an LMG and they've got a Spitfire and, although we see each other at the same time, they are guns up (game mechanics) faster than me and sometimes it's obviously just simple reaction time.  I wouldn't get to caught up in thinking that matchmaking is soley responsible for putting you into lobbies with higher level players.  Like I said, at this stage of the game, I'm level P7, I've got 9+ days played and most of the lobbies I'm in are filled with higher prestige level players.  It's for the most part longer time played.    The end of the match is really where the rubber meets the road.  That's where you can tell where some type of "skill" level has outweighed prestige level.  If you feel bad sometimes having higher level prestige players beating up on you for whatever reason, imagine how the MP level 50 feels when a P1 level 12 cleans their clock!  Especially if they put a lot of stock in prestige levels equating to skill. 

Set yourself up in a private match with bots on the recruit level.  Set the timer and score limit to unlimited and blast away.  You'll feel better about yourself in no time at all!   

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
in reply to Im_Old_School
Thanks very much I’m-Old-School. sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. Been away.
Raggedyman71
Highlighted
in reply to Raggedyman71

@Raggedyman71 wrote:

@Q39ESM wrote:

My point is that they didn't pay CoD for the first time last October, they were as good as they are now from the release of BO4.  As another pointed out, if they'd chosen not to prestige, the difference would have been a number on the screen by their gamertag, not the result of the match.  As for trying to use sbmm, what stats would you use, and how would you apply stats attained in one mode to other modes?

You can only play the others that are also playing, and dividing the player base unnecessarily helps no one.  Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug; such is life.  As I wrote earlier, see the AW forums for the almost universal problems that resulted from skill based mm, from connection issues to boredom from playing the same people over and over among others.

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

@Q39ESM wrote:

@Raggedyman71 wrote:

@Q39ESM wrote:

My point is that they didn't pay CoD for the first time last October, they were as good as they are now from the release of BO4.  As another pointed out, if they'd chosen not to prestige, the difference would have been a number on the screen by their gamertag, not the result of the match.  As for trying to use sbmm, what stats would you use, and how would you apply stats attained in one mode to other modes?

You can only play the others that are also playing, and dividing the player base unnecessarily helps no one.  Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug; such is life.  As I wrote earlier, see the AW forums for the almost universal problems that resulted from skill based mm, from connection issues to boredom from playing the same people over and over among others.

Thanks very much for your reply, appreciate it.

Raggedyman71

Studios