Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted
in reply to Raggedyman71
When it comes down to it,

at a respectable .92 K/D (or EKIA/D) I'm not sure which it is as both are VASTLY different and as a side note (this isn't a comment directed at you but in general) Many many players only look at the "combat record" the game provides you which shows EKIA/D which generally is .20-.40 HIGHER then ones actual K/D as it counts assists as kills. Unless you specifically ONLY played one mode from day one and looked at the mode leaderboards would you have your actual K/D

My only point in mentioning is that there can be countless players who are really .60 K/D players but their EKIA/D Says .80-.95.

With that being said the "skill" level varies greatly. a .6 K/D player may be decent but in general they are negative players but a .75 player might look really really god tier against him,even though that .75 is only "marginally" better on paper.

The other issue you need to look at it especially this late in the games like cycle it's very very possible that pretty solid players in terms of K/D in actual practice have much lower K/Ds because of they choose to play (always on the objective, going for camos/challenges) But when they decide that feel like trying a little bit they can consistently do very very well and it plays completely against what people would be able to see with public stats. I have a few friends who aren't that worried about K/D have a positive K/D 1.4-1.7 but generally go for the objective a bit so they'll rack up the kills but also die a fair bit but almost always have the most Caps/Defends/Tags Confirmed/Denied etc so their actual "skill" is very skewed.
---

No I don't think someone who is a .6 k/D should be up against a lobby of 1.5 K/Ds, and realistically based on my research (when I was able to check it via 3rd party sites) That was never the case.
The majority of the lobby sat around .6K/D to .9 K/D which I think is a perfectly reasonable spread in a lobby. Chance for lesser players to learn from mistakes but they likely won't get "dominated". The majority of the lobbies might have one MAYBE two 1+K/D players in the lobby. I have only come across the probably 50 1.5+K/D players in nearly 900 Matches played and maybe 20 players out of that 50 were close to a 2 K/D and I've only managed to run into 1 player who as at 2 K/D not counting myself at 2.03
---
There are so many factors during a match that can determine how well someone does. maybe his teammates just have a bit more map knowledge or are slightly better on the gun. Maybe they are in a party and the communication makes the group better then their actual stats against 5-6 random players with no communication.

SBMM in COD never works because they base it off of K/D which means any decent player is stuck playing laggy servers because they won't search connection first. I personally think after playing cod for over 10 years the matchmaking is pretty on point, you either choose to learn from mistakes and get better...or you just complain because you think the game should always be "easy" for you.
Most players people play against aren't that good, it's just how the numbers work. Too many individuals claim matchmaking is broken and putting them against amazing players all the time but in the same sentence say "COD favors the good players and it's not fair because they are such a small % of the community"....So if they are the smallest % of players excluding pro players how on earth can you be playing against them all time? It simply doesn't happen, most people (and again this is a general statement and not directed at you) completely over estimate their own ability based on by how much effort they require to do well....but EKIA/D which was created to make people feel better about their abilities but in the same manner it has created this sense of "I'm clearly facing AMAZING PLAYERS.....because my K/D is 1 when in reality...it's .7 so they are just average players.
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

Thanks for the reply and explanation. If you look at my KD, the game page shows it as 1.12, but that’s not really accurate as you mentioned that’s counting assists as kills also. I figure my KD at 0.92 is pretty accurate.

Raggedyman71
in reply to Raggedyman71
Yeah honestly. That's more than respectable and I'd say based on the research I've done (I work a seasonal job so I have entirely too much time on my hands)

The AVERAGE K/D(Not EKIA/D) was around a .72-.75 of nearly 200 players I checked from my recent list at various times.
--
There does come a time late in a games life if an individual has played enough that stats themselves become almost stagnate and it's much more difficult to move the meter one way or the other because it just requires far more kills/deaths in the positive or negative direction to make a dent.

I'd say the stagnation of stats starts to happen around roughly 10k Kills. Obviously if you are like 10,000Kills and 4,000Deaths that's a nice even 2.5 that's something that's easy to trend downwards quicker but there's definitely a "peak".

I usually know after 2-3 days played where my K/D is going to sit for the entirety of game. Takes about a 1days worth of game time to figure everything out and I can usually raise it 1.5-2full points so 1K/D to a 2.5-3K/D pretty comfortably after that it just sits.
---

If you're enjoying the game and you're sitting at where you are you can refine it a bit but don't worry too much, I can assure you what you're doing no matter the play style is more successful then what majority of the community is doing so big ups for that.
TheGLORY
Thanks very much TheGLORY, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. Been away. Time to get back to gaming now.
Raggedyman71
in reply to Raggedyman71
Don't beat yourself up about it pal.. it's quite respectable.. and quite remarkable at your age . I'd be delighted to be still going, nevermind playing online games...

My playing partner also has a K.D of just under 1 and he's one of the best players I've come across when it comes to domination..
BettySwollax
in reply to BettySwollax
Thanks very much BettySwollax. Been away, time to get back to the game now.
Raggedyman71

...and I thought with 53 I´m to old for this kind of games. My deepest respect for you.

I have no clue how they do matchmaking. But it is, or became a mess in CoD. Looks like connections are made just connect to anyone as fast as possible + mix lower rank players against higher rank players. I got as well connected with lower rank players against master prestige players. I stopped playing meanwhile due to connection problems...

But it is like you said, lower rank players getting mixed against higher rank players just out of randomness.

Horrorman Level 75
Realistically in terms of any sort of matchmaking. I will almost ALWAYS prefer it be connection first then you can go ahead search by whatever standards they have.

I didn't play AW enough to know about their SBMM.

But BO2 when they really tried it for the first time, completely ignored connections and just searched by K/D
I think my K/D in that game was around a 2.5-2.7 Which essentially meant....they couldn't fill lobbies.
You'd get matched with 1-2 similar stat players...who were typically in a party with players in the 1-1.5 Range which were basically their fodder.

The 2 better players would be able to boost their stats (along with their buddies doing so) but know they wouldn't have to worry about randoms.
The odd times you wouldn't run into a party you'd get very inconsistent 3-4 Bar connections (P2P was still being used which I typically prefer) but when you're literally matching based on stats alone especially at a "higher" tier of stats it's going to end poorly.

This created the first time in my memory ever (before or after that) of reverse boosting. Players would join in after the game had committed to SBMM and just blow themselves up 50-60-70-80 times in a match to lower their stats so much so that they'd never be able to bring them up again BUT they'd get matched against crap players and be able to dominate.

The easiest way around dealing with crap connections (not even SBMM as a whole) but the connections was when people realized the game searched the stats of the party host, this meant you'd run 2 man party or more and stick the "least" skilled player stat wise (not always ability) as the host of your party and the game would plop you in with far lesser players while creating perfectly fine connections 99% of the time at least when I played since I always had a fantastic host for the lobby.
---
I've always felt how match making was if you ignore the prestige level of players as we've said majority of time it's just time played and sometimes there is "skill" behind that icon but that's not it's meaning. You were far more likely to increase your own skill by getting matched against better players from time to time. But if you felt every match you were just being thumped even if you were changing lobbies every single match the reality of the matter is you really weren't/aren't that good and it probably didn't matter who was on the other side of the screen.
----

Even if you make smurf accounts or stat refresh. It's really really difficult to "hide" ones skill if you're good at the game unless you completely handicap yourself in someway or the other or you've reached the point of not caring. So you just F around for hundreds of matches end up with incredibly poor stats across the board never prestige and look like a complete noob and then everynow and then decide you're going to ruin peoples days
TheGLORY
Thanks Horrorman. Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, been away. Sometimes it’s just impossible and I guess I shouldn’t complain. I still have fun with it. You hear these 14 years olds and I just want to strangle one of them.
Raggedyman71

I know how you feel. Smiley Happy And I think I never stop playing as well. I made my passion to my job. I´m a IT guy, working as 1st and 2nd level support. I hope I still can play that time around if I´m alive, who knows... Smiley Happy My mother is 91, so there is hope.

Horrorman Level 75

Studios