Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I've been going back and playing lots of BO1 and BO2 lately, and one thing I miss them doing was back in BO1 where in the multiplayer menus, they showed you all the stats in the game like how many miles around the Earth players have ran, Camos purchased, how many people have  prestiged, etc. Why don't this stuff anymore? I find it cool to look at the real time stats and see how much has been done in multiplayer. Maybe it's just me but I would like that back in the COD multiplayer menus.

Nuketownfan88
4 REPLIES 4

It's probably because if they showed you those stats they'd have to go back to showing you how many players are online, and then people would easily be able to chart how rapidly people are quitting the game. That's probably one of the reasons the game isnt on Steam.

JohnnySasaki22

@JohnnySasaki22 wrote:

It's probably because if they showed you those stats they'd have to go back to showing you how many players are online, and then people would easily be able to chart how rapidly people are quitting the game. That's probably one of the reasons the game isnt on Steam.

I was playing BO2 on my PS3 earlier today and there was 11k people playing... probably more than this game... what would be even more embarassing would be seeing your flag ship, latest release have fewer players than a product released 7 years ago.   

SykoInconnux
Highlighted

@JohnnySasaki22  schrieb:

I think you nailed it.

married with children thumbs up GIF

Horrorman Level 75

Imagine how embarassing it would be to see a this: 8,000 players currently online. It would embarassing to see that more people turn up to watch a rugby match than the number playing the game you produced if you're a dev or publisher.

Somewhere, there is a signature so funny that reading it will cause an aneurism. This is not that signature.
P34nut

Studios