Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

In blackout mode, specifically hot pursuit it is so annoying when a player goes out on his own thinking he’s chuck Norris dies because he can’t go 1v4 and then quits leaving us with a team of 3. I know u don’t even have to say it “find people to play with.” I do, and they also have people to play with

. So, sometimes I don’t have a party. I always play with my brother so we have at least 2 of us but the other 2 usually are randoms which I don’t mind as long as it’s team players. There needs to be a way to kick afk players out of your squad. And also penalize players who rage quit early and f *** over the rest of the team because they want to play solo 

RobbS95
16 REPLIES 16
I know people back out for many different reasons but we all know the main one is rage quitting when they get face on..

What they should do is take the option of 'quit game' out so therefore have to play the game or have the annoyance of turning the console off to leave. For the genuine ones who 'have' to quit the game, they simply turn the console off to which they wouldn't mind doing anyway because they are leaving to do something...
BettySwollax

I understand what you are talking about but I don't think they need to penalize players for backing out early.  I primarily play black out, and  I have had a mixed bag.  I have my own play style/strategies, So I generally rather go it alone as my teamates almost always want to land in places I don't want to or do things differently than I like.  I would stick to solo mode but most the special modes like Hot Pursuit are usually Quad only thus I am forced into team play.   What I would like to see is when a new mode is released its released for all 3 of the player count modes Quad, duo, and Solo or at least just Quads and Solo.   Just give us an option, and yes I know part of the conditions for the modes center around respawning here is an idea create a condition that allows for players to redeploy in solo modes.   

brandonblastermaster

I get quitting on duos or regular quads.  My question is why quit in Hot Pursuit or other variation that specifically allows RESPAWNS?  Quitting defeats the whole purpose of playing Hot Pursuit in the first place.  You may as well just play regular quads at that point except they probably like the vehicles.

Darthdad969

I quit often in HP cuz when die it wants me to spectate for 2 minutes then drop back in when every things been looted. If I get a kill Teams mates snag  all the loot from any death stash from my kills. Do I kill my team mate for stealing my stash? Or I can be in a new game with a gun within  2 mins 

SLASHdeepPow

@SLASHdeepPow wrote:

I quit often in HP cuz when die it wants me to spectate for 2 minutes then drop back in when every things been looted. If I get a kill Teams mates snag  all the loot from any death stash from my kills. Do I kill my team mate for stealing my stash? Or I can be in a new game with a gun within  2 mins 

Your teammates might be looting your stash so they can grab your gear before your bag despawns, taking all of the loot with it.  Now if they refuse to give you stuff when you redeploy, then you have a gripe.  But killing them won't solve anything.

The biggest question is why aren't you just playing regular Quads?  If you really can't stand the wait between redeploys then why are you bothering to play a mode whose main feature is the ability to redeploy?

Darthdad969
Highlighted

I’m talking about getting killed then redeploying, getting a kill with the pistol or a MX9 then having teammates looting the stash before I can run over to it.  when I redeploy and get a kill but I took damage and have no heath packs or ammunition left to heal or reload, and my teammates that r using .556, .45  still loot my 9mm 

SLASHdeepPow
Realistically, very few devs are willing to put in any sort of punishment.

Majority of people who rage quit because things don't go their way (in any of the modes) are ones who do it constantly and if you put a temp ban on rejoining online modes it's not going to cause much of an issue for them it'll still leave the team they left short handed.

You could in theory put in some sort of "leave game %" so if you're at X % or higher you simply match with people in that high % and it solves a lot of problems.

There are people who genuinely have an excuse for leaving but 99% of the time you aren't joining matches especially blackout...just before you have to leave for something, sure things pop up randomly but being random won't put a dent into that leave game %.
--
However the way around being "punished" or having any sort of stat registered has usually been to just "close application" because it doesn't always register as "leaving" the game, but with todays consoles...powering down and back on isn't nearly as annoying as it used to be in terms of time required.
--
So in reality creating some sort of % that tracks finishing a game (squad being eliminated) compared to just leaving while your team is still active should be able to get tracked. In a lot of games there's a DNF Multiplier which goes up and down based on whether you finish matches or not.
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

I have been seeing more of this recently from people rage quiting over getting killed, they think we are bad teamates/players, or for a variety of other reasons.  I get it if you start another round, and then you have to drop because it takes longer than you expected and you have something you have to go do.   It gets frustraiting tho when you get dropped to a team of three or less right off the bat, or at any point really when your team is still in it and you have a chance to redeploy.   I get stuck as a team of one from time to time as well.  I'm thinking rather than penalize people for dropping let people be able to que up and get put in mid game.   Maybe make it so when a new circle starts it automatically redistributes players whose teamates have left to new teams to keep teams full and even.  I.E.  If all my teamates where to die in Hot Pursuit except myself.  Then they all quit instead of waiting to see if they get to redeploy so its just me left on the team.  Then If I make it to the next circle I get added on to another random team with less than for players still in the team.   Kind of like after you die when you get the option to spectate.  It would add you to the team roster so you can hear the team audio and see where they are in map.   

brandonblastermaster
in reply to brandonblastermaster

That idea is probably a bit too complex to put into action for something where realistically you aren't guaranteed to respawn.

Plus the vast majority of players sit in party chats so the new random guy isn't going to be able to be thrown directly into a party chat and it'll basically be like not actually having him there (or in that players case those 2-3 guys).

As you said there are legit reasons for people to leave. Never been a huge fan of going into something requiring team work (for the most part) with randoms it's just asking for a bad time. Usually pre built parties don't have the issue. It's always the randoms and they simply have no excuse to stick around if things aren't going their way (Maybe they felt they should have killed people, they think they are lagging etc etc with their excuses) so they just go "meh idk these guys i'm out"

Still think some sort of DNF stat should be in place. It's not going to create an issue with people who very very rarely do it or even people who play in parties. It'll affect having those crap teammates who have no interest in helping teammates and as soon as they realize they aren't going to win or can't be bothered to wait to get revived or whatever it may be simply leave and then you just start matching them all together.

Meanwhile the solo players who que with randoms will get matched with players who stick it out to the end the vast majority of the time.

EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

Studios