Please, please add a 3rd person mode.

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I understand, and you are right on a lot of the stuff. But the lack of option for a 3rd person has always been something that has baffled me about games like these. COD, Battlefield, and many others.

In COD's case they tried the 3rd person option in MW2 and were met with mixed opinions, understandable really. It was new, people fear new stuff, thous the excuse of wall hugging came to be.

They tried again not long ago but in lobby form, and for the most part people liked it.

In Dice's case it came in the form of Battlefront 1 and 2. But they gave an option to switch between 1st and 3rd rather then make 3rd a skill. And they are some popular games.

All i'm saying is having a 3rd person option wouldn't hurt, if anything more people would join in.

VorxDargo

Go play fortnite, we don't need that crap.

Circa_702

Nah, It breaks the game being able to look around corners while hiding behind it... 

SLASHdeepPow

@SLASHdeepPow wrote:

Nah, It breaks the game being able to look around corners while hiding behind it... 

That excuse is so old, been disproven many, many times.

VorxDargo
What would action/reaction time be along with the viewing angle say if a player is running around a corner and someone is laid down bang in front.. my guess is that person moving won't see him whatsoever, nevermind have time to react..

If the players were on the constant move then I could see the benefits...

I suppose you never know until you try it but I'm a bit sceptical...
BettySwollax

@BettySwollax wrote:
What would action/reaction time be along with the viewing angle say if a player is running around a corner and someone is laid down bang in front.. my guess is that person moving won't see him whatsoever, nevermind have time to react..

If the players were on the constant move then I could see the benefits...

I suppose you never know until you try it but I'm a bit sceptical...

They tried to say the same on Paladins and Battlefront but with so much going on trying to do anything like this is a death sentence. Much like it is now.

If you camp in one place you give yourself away on the first kill, then your bum rushed. That isn't even counting the people coming from behind. With as fast paced as COD i'd love to see someone try this tactic and get away with it. But it is very, very, very unlikely.

VorxDargo

Disproven? It’s fact. Especially when you can switch from right side to left. I like playing 3 person when available, but so I can camp a corner waiting for someone to run by and pop out pre-aiming on their head haha. 

SLASHdeepPow

@SLASHdeepPow wrote:

Disproven? It’s fact. Especially when you can switch from right side to left. I like playing 3 person when available, but so I can camp a corner waiting for someone to run by and pop out pre-aiming on their head haha. 

Again would love to see someone try that. All i can say is unless your playing noobs you'll get murdered everytime.

VorxDargo

I was MVP most battlefront2 games played and that’s exactly how I would play, hero’s alike. Hundreds of hours Hide behind the corner at the end of a hall while camping objectives, then popping out with a saber throw ect....   I know from experience that i had the jump on anyone in first person.  Makes camping to easy I felt like I was cheating half the time. 

third person viewing is zoomed out, giving a larger range of sight. It’s like that in almost every game I’ve ever played. Even being able to see players behind you...  

SLASHdeepPow

@SLASHdeepPow wrote:

I was MVP most battlefront2 games played and that’s exactly how I would play, hero’s alike. Hundreds of hours Hide behind the corner at the end of a hall while camping objectives, then popping out with a saber throw ect....   I know from experience that i had the jump on anyone in first person.  Makes camping to easy I felt like I was cheating half the time. 

third person viewing is zoomed out, giving a larger range of sight. It’s like that in almost every game I’ve ever played. Even being able to see players behind you...  

Right, if YOU say so.

VorxDargo

Studios