Remove concussions from Blackout

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Re: Remove concussions from Blackout

in reply to XxCPTcalzonexX
Whose stats have you seen? Be Interesting to look to see if there is a correlation...
BettySwollax

in reply to BettySwollax

Change them, take it out, or let it how it is. 

I really don't care. Sometimes they helped me to get the last kill for the win, and sometimes i die very fast cause i am blind and cant move. 

I just wanna play the game and not wanna complain about this or that all the time. 

fupsen

in reply to BettySwollax

Spikanor for example on this thread. Several others on numerous other threads but I'd have to go back and do some searching to find gamertags again. 

XxCPTcalzonexX

in reply to XxCPTcalzonexX
Be Interesting to see what percentage of winners in blackout regularly or have heavy use of concussion...
BettySwollax

in reply to BettySwollax
For me concussions should be an denfensiv item. If you think about, the "i win button" is the hit marker. If you see it, you gonna rush and kill your enemie. If you dont see it, you stay at your position. That is the situation now. If they would remove the hitmarker it is a 50/50 gambling. I hope they rework it so, you dont have the time to rush to an enemie anymore. You should only have the time to heal up or reposition yourself in your near area, but not attack.
#SpeakForYourself #StayWithTheFacts
KNOXV1LLE

in reply to KNOXV1LLE

I like your idea. Removing the hitmarker would be a good step. Like in Pubg. You never knew if you hit your enemy with that flashbang for sure, so it was not very often used by the people.

fupsen

in reply to fupsen

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of concussion grenades but removing them from the game is an overreaction.  Removing the hit marker would be nice but what I'd really prefer is simply to be able to blind fire more easily, heal while blinded, and use equipment. Maybe I can throw my grenade at the other guy or maybe I throw it in the wrong direction but it'd be nice to get the chance.

But just because I don't have much success against them doesn't mean I want them removed from the game.  I have to adapt either with a trophy system or some other way.  It seems like people continue to insist on playing the game only their way and no other even in the face of Blackout not making the changes that would please them.  If you can't beat them, join them.  Go grab some concussion and use them if they work so well, or don't.  It's up to you.

This is a common theme I've noticed in the forums: "[insert item] is OP!  [Remove/nerf] it immediately!"  Maybe it's concussions or level 3 armor.  Perhaps someone has a beef against the Outlaw or the Spitfire.  Or maybe you just hate cluster grenades.  But rather than adjust to the game as it is and try to find out what works, too many resort to wanting to change the game to suit their own play preferences, which they insist is the only "real" way to play.  Another variation is the "Camping is for losers!" type of thread.

As long as you play by the rules, a win is a win.  Go camp if you like that.  Or play the circle.  Or only stick to open areas.  Run & gun.  Spam concussions.  To each his own.  Good luck and enjoy.

Darthdad969

in reply to Darthdad969

I do pick up and use concussions frequently, and the people I kill have no chance to win the gunfight just as I don't when stunned. I get way more kills with concussions than I die from them. That doesn't mean I don't have a brain and can't figure out they're OP without a reasonable counter.

JohnnySasaki22

in reply to JohnnySasaki22

Fair enough but I didn't say they weren't problematic.  I just think they should be tweaked a bit rather than removed from the game.  Trophies are an effective counter though.

Most times, for every complaint about game balance there's someone on the other side.  One guy complains about level 3 armor being severly overpowered and/or way too commoon and there's someone else saying it gets shredded way too easily.  Just substitute whatever weapon/equipment you want.

Darthdad969

in reply to Darthdad969
I get it, but we've argued countless times about how trophy systems and reinforced are both flawed. You need to sit still to use a trophy (most good players like to be constantly on the move) and you have to basically predict the future and know exactly when someone is going to throw a stun at you in order to have the reinforced perk be effective. Even then, just because you were stunned that one time, it doesn't mean you won't be stunned again later in the game. What if nobody you kill has picked up another reinforced? You can't be expected to continue looting buildings in the last circle in the hopes there's a specific perk on the ground that you desperately need in order to not instantly lose a gunfight. The perk should last all game imo.
JohnnySasaki22

Studios