Scuf controllers RUINING GAME PLAY!!!

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Scuf controllers are very expensive they break easily and they give the player an absurd advantage. I will not pay that kind of money so I can be better at all video game. Corporate greed! At the very least, and they can do it separate the classes of those using scuf controllers versus regular controllers. And if they don't, corporate greed.! This will be my last game of Call of Duty I purchase. Unless they fix it. If I could get a refund of 25 bucks they can have this garbage back!!!!

Deleted User
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I use a basic controller and have never used a modded controller, but I have friends that have them.  They work wonders for single shot/burst fire weapons.  That's my main takeaway.  When someone can fire the single shot guns faster than an automatic it kind of sucks because the single shot guns kill quicker(3 shots compared to 4 or 5).  Just my observation as someone who has seen them in action but never used them.

Stoutdude04

@Stoutdude04 wrote:

I use a basic controller and have never used a modded controller, but I have friends that have them.  They work wonders for single shot/burst fire weapons.  That's my main takeaway.  When someone can fire the single shot guns faster than an automatic it kind of sucks because the single shot guns kill quicker(3 shots compared to 4 or 5).  Just my observation as someone who has seen them in action but never used them.

I would agree with you that modded controllers can give players an advantage on certain weapons (i.e. semi-auto firing like auto) but even if they can fire their pistol full auto I can still fire my AR at full auto!  I have two points here... 

1.  Modded controllers do not make you invincible or raise your level of play from trash to god levels.  Moderate improvement with certain weapons at best.

2.  And the most important take away, Elite and Scuff controllers are NOT modded controllers!  Modded controllers are banned from competition and Elite/Scuff controllers are not only allowed but preffered.  

Teamwork is the key! Plug in your mic and communicate!
MA_CaptAmerica

basically a customizable controller you can remap buttons to whatever youd like as well as make it possible to make say a button push repeated by holding down the button so a single shot weapon would continuiously fire without having to push the button a second time which makes it possible to fire the weapon faster than humanly possible because a program is pulling the trigger rather than you yourself 

Simple fix would be to initiate an animation cooldown like say a bolt action sniper that requires you to view a reload animation before your able to fire again. Players remapping keys or buttons is one thing but unfortunately however you want to try and argue it having any sort of rapid fire only acheivable by using certain controllers for any weapons whatsover is a form of cheating you've purchased a third party item that has an advantage over the core or base model in which the parameters where designed around.

socalsktrkid
37 REPLIES 37

Okay bye.

St0newa11
you can buy a pair of paddles that connect to your regular controller for about $30
Tazz51

What a load of rubbish.

Deleted User

you must play with a scuf, obviously. of course it would rubbish. ibet you stats would be cut in have w/out it.

Deleted User

How much?

Deleted User

If your that bothered just buy a modded controller which are about £30 more than your average shop control pad..

That way you will get 2 actions for 1 button, you will get about 5 extra add-ons which include rapid fire, no recoil etc.. 

It's cheating but if you feel you are getting cheated then as they say .... "If the shoe fits"

BettySwollax
Doesn't everyone use a scuff, sharq or elite controller now ? Surely they would benefit an advanced movement cod more rather than botg.
Dante2k Level 74
Not me, shop bought plain PS4 pad..

My younger brother used to be a pro gamer many years ago for GB. Some stuff he was sent to try out where boardering on ridiculous. Once He was sent a pad which was sniper based basically turned it into a rapid fire killing machine. Other pads companies sent him to test were just as crazy and he just didn't like/agree with them. He only believed in one button one action. He only used the basic control pad and he basically trained his hand/fingers to touch everything at once.. called his grip "the claw". He's had so much pain in his hands since but it got him a job in Japan where he currently lives and working with computers... I might see if he still has themSmiley Happy
BettySwollax

there is an ingame solution. settings - controls - bumper jumper tactical. nearly all of the advantage of a scuff, negated.

pooly13579

Studios