lag while playing is unexceptionable

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

pc specs

ryzen5 2600x@4ghz

16gb 3000mhz 

gtx 1070 8gb

win 10 64bit

game on samsung evo ssd

play the game on mainly medium settings with aa off, game run smooth at about 60-70fps.

game is so laggy that ive had to leave matches and stop the game as its often impossible to play,

players poping in around corners

players not showing in scope view

players not on screen but in the death cam there there and always was

players not shot reging properly

hit markers not working 

multible shots hit but no kill

guns that should kill in 4 shots takes more than 12 to kill

this game is broken,which is a shame as its a good game but its killed by bad codeing.

LethalHamster
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Try really low settings, open Nvidia Experience and use the Custom Slider to the first "notch" to the left. Enable Windows Game Mode. Use the latest Nvidia driver or a version at least 2-3 versions ago; the prior driver was garbage. Also, run MSCONFIG and Disable all non-essential startup items and all non-Microsoft System files. You may even want to try temporarily disabling your firewall.

Momba1

players poping in around corners

players not showing in scope view

players not on screen but in the death cam there there and always was

players not shot reging properly

hit markers not working 

multible shots hit but no kill

this is all lag compensation. im complaining aswell, about this. its not ur hardware. i run this game ultra smooth on my high end rig and experience the same as i mentioned above

kind regards

pvg103

Lag Comp isn't a problem as much as rendering problems. To me 70 FPS would be completely unplayable. I'm rendering double that and on a G-Sync monitor, but even then it's only okay when some of the delay adding graphic settings are reduced or eliminated.

There are only a few settings that matter: Textures, Texture Filtering, 100% Resolution, frame capping only if your monitor's Sync speed can be exceeded and FOV (my recommendation is 90).

Lag Comp is only a problem with Pings that exceed 100 ms or greater. Most supposed "Lag Comp" issues are from Dropped Frames, Unstable Rendering and most commonly from Dropped Packets. Anything less than an A+ in FPS games is a problem http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Momba1

doing DSLreports i get 210 down and 12up and A across the board sadly there isnt much i can do to get better im useing a nighthawk r8000p with the QoS on and with out that its much worse wit C across the board, im looking at a better service isp atm but in uk there isnt much choice in upload speeds,best ive seen is plus net with a 20upload and 30 down.

LethalHamster

No Multiplayer game that isn't "Streaming" the game itself requires more than 1.5 Mbps, most games use 500 Kbps or less. 

Here's an excellent source to improve your connection https://youtu.be/o-g2P3R84dw

This YouTuber has several excellent tutorials that I'd recommend you watch. 

Momba1
dude this issue is only with this game its coding is trash and they dont care,i appreciate your help but its nothing with my pc its just the game,
LethalHamster

Then everyone else would be having the problem. Last night from the day before I had to uninstall Adobe Premiere because it was messing with my frame rates. BO4 is a demanding title, I'm not trying to argue that point. Instead tips on how I found that absolutely improve performance. 

Momba1

I agree with Momba1, try fiddling with your settings. For me I only get those described lag for my first game for the day. I just have to render everything and then it never lags again. So yea, try look into settings. I have generally the same rig and I run on high averaging 80fps and I am completely fine. 

wyattpham

Studios