why are Activision pushing such large updates. I%27ve got 16mbps I can%27t play for about 2 days

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Support

why are Activision pushing such large updates. I%2...

so I've come home today to play a bit of cod. my daughter wants me to get the unicorn camo  only to find a 22gb download waiting for me and im unable to play untill it downloads ( well since I've got a 16mbps  broadband speed. it's gonna take a bloody long time ) how are we supposed to level up ( unless you're a hard core gamer)  I feel I'm just being ripped off. off coached in to spending more money 

goldenchances
8 REPLIES

Re: why are Activision pushing such large updates....

in reply to goldenchances

Here we go. People moaning about size of updates and there is a reason why we get big updates. Have you seen the twitter/facebook post Call of Duty have posted of a radar, a small bit of the Blackout map and something in the water? This game has something planned and I always look forward to updates

speedyskells

in reply to speedyskells
not everyone has a fibre optic connection not everyone wants to wait 24 hours to play their game
some people wanna come the f home from work and get to play there f***ing game they spend a lot of money on don't be a tw** all your life mate and either come up with a better solution. 22gbs is too much for an update on a game that's only 69gb it's Activision being lazy and expecting everyone to be a pro gamer p.s blackout sucks
goldenchances

22GB your on Xbox sell it and buy a ps4 our updates are only 14GB

And yea it's possibly annoying but attacking members calling them t***s really?

No need fella no need

Edit

Forgot to say Activision said from day dot  ya gonna need at least 120GB free space for the game

Go figure huh

Just a hard-core zombie mode gamer trying to help other gamers as and when I can.
StompingHeadz

in reply to StompingHeadz
I admit being rude isn't the way forwards but I've littrally worked all week in an out of the hosue missus says take the night off. because of this update I ended up working again but downloaded over night soo hopefully in haven't got to muxh to do tonight
goldenchances

I can understand your frustrations and as a blackops 4 player myself who has issues with this game all we can do is wait and hope everything gets fixed at some point altho as far as update size goes don't know if they will slim down the size or not.

Just a hard-core zombie mode gamer trying to help other gamers as and when I can.
StompingHeadz
Highlighted

in reply to speedyskells

@speedyskells wrote:

Here we go. People moaning about size of updates and there is a reason why we get big updates. Have you seen the twitter/facebook post Call of Duty have posted of a radar, a small bit of the Blackout map and something in the water? This game has something planned and I always look forward to updates

Yes, they are updating the map, but don't you think a bit of forward thinking, some planning, would help things here?

"We are gonna release extra content for blackout, let's literally drop giant updates on people a week apart with no warning or information about sizes"

Why do I have to fit my free time around this sort of idiocy?

What about if once a month there was a large update, or every week there was a small update?

Two times in seven days we are looking at now, my internet is dog***** so the 14gb I downloaded a few days ago took me 22hours, now there's a bigger update coming (according to twitter)

So 44 hours without being able to play a game that I thought maybe would have been finished on launch

So yeah, people moaning,

But also poor planning by trey

Ajeelacey

in reply to Ajeelacey
one week later. and we've got a 26.44gb update . I want my *****ing money back I hardly get to play this *****ing game
goldenchances

Good luck with getting your money back, I have tried a dozen times to the point of trying to get a class-action lawsuit going against Activision for 20hz Blackout servers, with Blackout being the main reason it sold so well, and is the biggest let down. Sorry to hear your internet is so slow, I updated in less than 10 minutes over my wifi, but it is state of the art I guess. I honestly don't see how people can play Blackout without throwing their controllers or computers against the wall with the microsecond delays of everything. This game is complete *****, and they should offer people refunds since they have no intention of making servers that can handle Blackout. And who really paid for Zombies or Multiplayer, that is for the birds. 

Definitely ask for your money back, at least you can say that you tried. 

Jeurth

Studios