Net Neutrality Discussion/Sharing

World War II Off Topic Forum

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

Yeah well a large part of the American population is asleep. Even Net Neutrality activists want to ban outlets like Infowars and Drudge Report because they have something to fear with free speech and thought that is considered outside the box.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/08/study-pro-net-neutrality-activists-filed-5-8-mill...

https://www.infowars.com/net-neutrality-activists-demand-fcc-ban-drudge-report-infowars/

I think most Americans see what a wasteful government we have that are controlled by outside interests, yet want to hand more control over to them out of fear of paying more for their entertainment needs (streaming).

So regardless of what you think about these sources I've shared, they have sound reasons to be against NN.

with respect i would never click a brietbart or infowars link for proof of anything other than tinfoil hat theories

Maccabi Level 75

And there you have it.... a sheeps defense mechanism. Fearful to think outside the box that corporate media has designed so well? Here's a vid for those that classify questioning a narratives as "conspiracy theories (tinfoil hat theories)".

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0, I actually like what the techie guy against net neutrality had to say, but I don't know whether or not tye cause/effect relationship exists between net neutrality and lack of competition. I do want more competition, but fear a repeal of what is in place now will lead to me having to pay even more, for less, with designated fast/slow lanes. I do not like believing in something or agreeing with something when my only reason to do so is a a fear of what will happen if I do not. I kind of feel like this is the case with net neutrality, and myself.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

A lot of the decisions we make are out of fear. Maybe one of the reasons NN was passed into law in 2015 was out of fears that might not have surfaced.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

I can not disagree with that observation, at all. There have been numerous times I've had to choose between the lesser of two evils, as opposed to what is best. 

In regards to thinking outside of the box, I am all for it. What I do not like is when free thinking accidentally enters into conspiracy theory territory. I am by no means saying this net neutrality discussion even borders on conspiracy theory, but I do not really care for Alex Jones. He seems to disagree solely for the sake of disagreeing, then turning his disagreements into a theatrical show, while presenting it as truth. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

A lot of the decisions we make are out of fear. Maybe one of the reasons NN was passed into law in 2015 was out of fears that might not have surfaced.

But they did surface, the rules put in place were a direct result of the stuff the isps were doing. That is why they were put in place in the usa because the isps were doing exactly what everyone feared they would do. 

End of the day trump has appointed someone who fought nn for isps to run the dept in charge of overseeing isps play fairly. Same as he did with priut and well the list is endless here of things that tosser has done to screw the american people for corporate interests of his buddies and donors to the gop

Maccabi Level 75

The stance I'm agreeing with are from sources that shared their views before Trump was even in consideration of being Pres. You keep bringing your disgust for him and his "cronies" up... but he really has nothing to do with the pro's and con's of NN. If anything, it has more to do with the swamp (bureaucrats and lobbyists) that he's been at odds with since he started running.... GOP included.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

The stance I'm agreeing with are from sources that shared their views before Trump was even in consideration of being Pres. You keep bringing your disgust for him and his "cronies" up... but he really has nothing to do with the pro's and con's of NN. If anything, it has more to do with the swamp (bureaucrats and lobbyists) that he's been at odds with since he started running.... GOP included.

Hehas everything to do with NN , he put that anti nn advocate in charge of the fcc.

so this swamp he was draining, did he forget to mention he was refilling it with self serving con artists and vile humans? 

trump is the single worst thing ever to happoen to the usa and unfortunately his brand of insanity and self serving interests is now affecting other countries sooner he is removed the better for everyone.

Maccabi Level 75

Edit- this isn't a reply to you ihattori, I just clicked on your op, and hit reply as a way to post quicker.

Sorry for resurrecting a sleeping thread, but I think this is an important read regarding a member of the FCC quitting the committee due to the committee favoring ISPs. I also wanted to get off my chest the reason I hate politics and political parties.

Link to ArsTechnica Article 1-25-18

For the record, this is why I despise politics. No point can be presented without the presumption that party lines are the influencing factors. I'd never run for political office, but if I were one day magically in charge of the US, I would get rid of the Democrat/Republican/Conservative/Independent, and whatever the hell else parties exist. Why is it in absolutely every other dam facet of society, we are taught not to place labels on someone based on certain features, or beliefs, except for politics? 

Politics drives a herd mentality where people will vote for someone they know nothing about simply because they are running as a Republican or Democrat. I wish it were "Person A vs. Person B". Just state your goals, and ways to implement your policies if elected. People should vote on the basis of those points alone, and not because you are this or that. 

And yes, I know political parties are a source of funding for those running for office. This, too, sucks, and becomes an issue of whoever has the most money to influence the most people stands a higher chance of being elected. Not to mention, some people who would otherwise be friends suddenly hate each other when they find out their party choices are different. 

So, while I've tried to always stay non-political in the past, I decided to say screw it, and give my opinion. I vote for whoever I think deserves to win, not a Democrat, or a Republican. Then again, I like to occasionally use my brain and form my own opinions. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

This kind of ties into the whole net neutrality issue. Seriously, what the hell are they thinking, and how does this, in any way, promote any kind of competition? 

Nobody really gives a crap about this topic anymore it seems. 

Nationalizing 5G Network?

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Studios