Net Neutrality Discussion/Sharing

World War II Off Topic Forum

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Not being rude or something but think I'm glad I don't live in the States.

Will have to read a bollocks amount to get a bit of a clue how it will work in the states.

As far as I know the nn in the Netherlands is that providers may not throttle their own clients and or slow down clients other providers that uses their infrastructure.

En we he got more than 10 different providers

I wouldn't take that as rude at all. There is no question the US is a complicated beast where corruption runs rampant and power and money is abused. Those elites take advantage of an uninterested population that don't want to be bothered with the issues that shape our lives. 

While every country has it's issues, I think it's important to be proud of where we come from and do our best to steer our own countries in the best way and hold the powers that be accountable.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Not being rude or something but think I'm glad I don't live in the States.

Will have to read a bollocks amount to get a bit of a clue how it will work in the states.

As far as I know the nn in the Netherlands is that providers may not throttle their own clients and or slow down clients other providers that uses their infrastructure.

En we he got more than 10 different providers

I wouldn't take that as rude at all. There is no question the US is a complicated beast where corruption runs rampant and power and money is abused. Those elites take advantage of an uninterested population that don't want to be bothered with the issues that shape our lives. 

While every country has it's issues, I think it's important to be proud of where we come from and do our best to steer our own countries in the best way and hold the powers that be accountable.

You can never tell how people will react.so better save than sorry.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

do our best to steer our own countries in the best way and hold the powers that be accountable.

therein lies the problem , trump isnt steering america the best way, and hes screwing over other countries and regions  too which makes him everyones problem now.

the fcc / NN decision affects everyone outside of the usa too as alot of companies are based in america. As we arent likely to see say netflix charge more just to americans because they got screwed again by an isp free to do what it wants 

Maccabi Level 75

I think you're missing my point here and if not... you just disagree and that's fine.

But what I'm weighing here is -->  paying more for our entertainment needs vs a corrupt govt sticking their hands where they don't belong. 

I understand your concern and I also understand how that concern is greatly magnified because you don't like/trust Trump. Maybe you should be asking yourself why your country is so affected by the decisions that are made over here. It's not Trumps fault that America and its Companies have influence and impact all around the world. That's policy that's been going on for a century and Trump is trying to clean it up.

I'm trying my hardest to not make this thread political. There are two sides of the argument.... they have both been shared and each platform has pro's and con's. We're not going to change each other's minds so let's just see how it plays out.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

That's policy that's been going on for a century and Trump is trying to clean it up.

he just literally threw gasoline onto a decades old fire with the jerusalem announcement the man is not fit to be potus.period.

no one he has appointed has any expereince in their roles, or any right being there ( devos,priutt, tillerson, kuschner ect ect )

EVERY single policy so far has harmed the american people and american allies.,

the man is an utter fraud 

what exactly is he cleaning up? apart from all the safe guards that protected the american people from dishonest bankers, companies and corruptuion 

seriously name ONE thing the trump admin has done thats actually benifited anyone but his own family, donors or banks

Maccabi Level 75

Thanks for keeping the politics out of the thread... appreciate it.

http://www.magapill.com

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

Thanks for keeping the politics out of the thread... appreciate it.

http://www.magapill.com

It's a bit hard not to mention politcs when this whole discussion is centred around the politics of trump , if it wasnt for trump and the gop donors we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

whats interesting though is your view point on NN is very much based on highly dubious and very not centre websites.

I mean this with the utmost of respect but i really wouldnt use brietbart, inforwars and such like for your research or places to go for unbias "facts" to make opinions.

But then i guess this is the beauty of NN people have the ability to view any whack job website they want , g-d help us all when isps under this new reg free net world in usa can block the public from proper news outlets in favor of fox and the sort of tinfoil hat sites like you list.

But they have done exactly what they were supposed to do as i said way back in this thread..turned the whole NN discussion into a fake free speech is at risk topic instewad of what its REALLY about isps getting away with shady practices and ripping off consumers. Still maybe when that does happen hopefully you guys still have some sort of federal dept to report stuff too unless trump does to those like hes doing to the CFPB Smiley Wink

btw you know magapill is a conspiracy site right? if thats where you go to get your "facts" im assuming you buy into the vatican uses black magic and lady gaga helps run a clinton funded child sex ring too right as they are other magapill gems.

Maccabi Level 75

When NN is deaded.. I can guarantee you there will be a lot of people watching the ISP's like hawks with the utmost scrutiny. The customers will hold them accountable instead of govt oversight. Unfortunately it will turn into a political *****e show like every other issue in this society... which it really isn't.

Just because I agree with some valid points from "whack job websites" doesn't mean I believe it all.... just as I hope the majority of people understand that the corporate MSM has an agenda they peddle to the population 24/7/365 and shouldn't be fully trusted as well. Same with internet fact checkers that are funded by the govt and globalist elites.

The internet will never be fully free with the ISP's and govt. There will always be a propaganda war with media outlets. As long as people open their eyes and recognize that, we'll be awake and can make better decisions.

That was my main reason for bringing this topic up in a community like this that's sole focus is good internet and better gaming. There is two sides to the story... which most people won't recognize from a biased internet search engine.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

@iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

When NN is deaded.. I can guarantee you there will be a lot of people watching the ISP's like hawks with the utmost scrutiny. The customers will hold them accountable instead of govt oversight. Unfortunately it will turn into a political *****e show like every other issue in this society... which it really isn't.

lets take an example..comcast it flooded social media with look at us we're so honest and for nn stuff when pai was announced and everyone started panicing reightly so  , promising loads of things they would'nt do ...then soon as that idiot pai announced his plans to remove title2 comcast removed all references to their no paid prioritization promises.

y'all gonna get screwed over badly by the isps , and with no legal government over sight to keep them in check it will be horrendous for every day people and companies (unless you're an isp)

Maccabi Level 75

I'm still kind of straddling the fence on this because there are valid points to each argument, at least in the way I have interpreted the information I have been presented through various outlets. 

My main concern is why in the heck the USA is so far behind other developed countries in regards to the internet. Why am I paying twice as much for a plan in the US, which is considered an upper tier plan here, yet is not even on the low end of available plans for other developed countries? This, to me, makes no dam sense. I get it, it's capitalism. It's also kind if shady. Am I supposed to be happy that, even though my plan sucks, at least the information I can obtain through my crappy plan is not filtered, or given preferential treatment based on who uploads it? 

Also, I know that I do not come close to my data cap every month, does that mean I should just be OK with it being there since it doesn't affect me? From experience, here is what will happen to people like me: Comcast sees, after a year or so, that you only average about 350GB /month. So, let's just bump that TB down to about 500GB. This happened with their cable services, and to think their internet service would be any better is just flat out stupid.

I want more competition. If net neutrality is good for competition, keep it. If not, scrap it. I don't know enough about the ins and outs of this to say either way.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Studios